Ms. Nicola Rochester Robinson
SR Law Group
-Born Harrisonburg VA. Attended US Military Academy, West Point NY, graduating in 1979. Served in US Army, to include service with XVIII ABN Corps, Second Infantry Division, Tenth Mountain Division, and Third Army. Multiple deployments, including Haiti and several to the Middle East (Saudi Arabia, Kuwait, Bahrain, Qatar, Yemen, and the Emirates).
-Graduate, with honors, US Army Command and General Staff College and follow-on attendance at US Army School of Advanced Military Studies, with an advanced degree in Strategic Planning. Then multiple planning assignments in the Army, to include Third Army, focusing on the Middle East. Received separate Master’s Degree in Management while on active duty.
-Graduate JD, cum laude, from Georgia State University and currently of counsel with Shewmaker and Shewmaker for probate and related matters, focused on veterans assistance and elder law. Practicing veterans law since 2008.
-Adjunct professor at Emory University's College of Law.
-Executive Director of Emory School of Law’s Volunteer Clinic for Veterans.
Accreditations and Admissions:
- US Supreme Court
- US Northern and Middle Districts of Georgia
- US Court of Appeals for Veterans Claims
- Supreme Court and Court of Appeals for State of Georgia
- Accredited to practice before the VA
- Serving on DeKalb County Probate Court Court-Appointed list
- Registered Mediator
- The Elder Law Journal, Volume 18, Number 1, 2010
- Proceedings, US Naval Institute, November 1997
- GA Bar Journal
- Frequent CLE contributor within GA and to national veterans advocacy groups—CLEs to National Organization of Veterans Advocates conferences in Washington DC, Chicago IL, Las Vegas NV, San Antonio TX, Portland OR, Providence RI, and others. Separate CLEs in GA and VA.
- 2010 Marshall-Tuttle Award from State Bar of Georgia as outstanding lawyer for his service to military and veterans
- Numerous US and foreign military awards and decorations
- Past Chair, Military and Veterans Section of the State Bar of Georgia
- National Organization of Veterans Advocates
- National Academy of Elder Law Attorneys
- Veterans Benefits Practice and Development Council
- VA cases in multiple US states and possessions, to include Guam and PR.
- Expert witness, Georgia Office of State Administrative Hearings, 2009.
- Nominee, US House of Representatives Veterans Affairs advisory sub-committee, Disability Compensation and Small Business Opportunities