Moseley Marcinak Law Group
Moseley Marcinak Law Group LLP
Rob’s entire practice has been focused on the transportation and logistics industry. He has tried more than 80 cases to jury verdict in federal and state courts and has decades of experience representing trucking companies, brokers, logistics companies and their insurance carriers in disputes involving:
- commercial transportation accidents
- federal and state safety regulations
- freight claims
- insurance coverage disputes
For several insurance companies and regional and national motor carriers, Rob serves as national counsel managing active litigation in 20 to 30 states at any given time.
Rob has developed a team of lawyers versed in the world of freight claims. The terms Carmack Amendment, Himalaya Clause, and on-hand notice are nothing new here. Rob has also obtained acclaim in pursuing cases for his collection of freight charges from shippers, including government agencies.
Transportation contracting is an area where Rob concentrates on reviewing and drafting shipping contracts and tariffs. He has defended brokers in negligent selection cases and is on the forefront of arguments related to federal preemption. Broker liability cases are not unfamiliar territory. Rob has handled some of the most serious and noteworthy broker liability cases in the country.
One of Rob's assets is his ability to advise trucking companies on proactively assessing and addressing risk, both internally and externally, as well as planning for growth and development.
Independent contractors can be a troublesome area for motor carriers. Rob works with motor carriers to manage contractual relations and negotiate the Federal Regulations and decisions.
After law school, Rob clerked for Judge Joseph F. Anderson Jr. on the U.S. District Court for the District of South Carolina. Rob has coached high school wrestling, football and baseball among others. Rob and his wife, Robin, have seven children and attend Christ Fellowship Cherrydale.
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Federal Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Fourth Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Tenth Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Eleventh Circuit
- U.S. Court of Federal Claims
- U.S. District Court, District of South Carolina
- University of South Carolina School of Law, JD, Salutatorian
- The Citadel - The Military College of South Carolina, BS Political Science, Valedictorian