Mr. Robert C. Port
Gaslowitz Frankel LLC
Robert Port is a business litigation attorney with extensive experience in general commercial litigation and fiduciary disputes involving wills, trusts, estates, guardianships and conservatorships. Mr. Port also has significant experience representing investors harmed by the misconduct of their stockbroker, investment advisor, insurance agent, or other trusted advisor. This includes matters arising from inappropriate investment strategies, unsuitable sales of annuities and life insurance products, failed or unlawfully offered private placements, real estate investment trusts (REITs) and other complex investment products, excessive trading (churning), unauthorized trading, sale of unregistered securities, and losses suffered as a result of Ponzi schemes.
Mr. Port graduated with honors from the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill with Bachelors of Science in Political Science and Psychology. He then went on to receive his J.D. with honors from University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill.
Mr. Port is “AV” rated by Martindale-Hubbell and has been repeatedly selected as a Georgia “Super Lawyer.” As a widely published expert in his field of practice, Mr. Port’s articles have been featured in the Georgia Bar Journal, the Atlanta Business Chronicle, the Daily Report (an ALM publication), and the Public Investors Arbitration Bar (PIABA) Journal. Mr. Port is the editor of Georgia Business Litigation, a one-volume, comprehensive guide to matters business litigators encounter. Additionally, he has been interviewed and quoted by a variety of media outlets, including the Wall Street Journal, The Atlanta Business Chronicle, TheStreem.com, the Atlanta Journal-Constitution, and the Daily Report.
Mr. Port’s passion for law is rooted in the thoughtful analysis of legal issues, the challenges associated with understanding issues from multiple perspectives, and the rigorous debates over disputed issues of law and fact. He thrives on taking complex legal arguments and presenting them in ways that simplify the complexity and create compelling cases for his clients.
Bar Admissions and Court Memberships
- State Bar of Georgia
- State Bar of Tennessee
- United States Supreme Court
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Georgia
- U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Georgia
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Georgia
- Supreme Court of Georgia
- Georgia Court of Appeals
University of North Carolina, Juris Doctor with Honors, 1983
University of North Carolina, B.A. with Honors in Political Science, 1979
- Financial Industry Regulatory Authority (FINRA), Arbitrator (Chair Qualified)
- Member of National Roster of Arbitrators for Consumer Arbitrations, American Arbitration Association
- American Bar Association, Member, 1984 – Present
- Atlanta Bar Association, Member, 1984 – Present
- Public Investors Arbitration Bar Association, Member, 2000 – Present
- Small Firm and Sole Practitioner Section Atlanta Bar Association, Member of the Board of Directors, 2001-2008
- Atlanta Bar Association, Chair, Law School Outreach Committee, 2001-2002
- Atlanta Bar Association, Member, Nominating Committee, 2002
- Fulton County State Court, Member, Technology Committee, 1999-2000
- Lawyer’s Club of Atlanta, Member, 2000 – Present
- Public Investors Arbitration Law Association Amicus Committee, Co-Chair, 2016-2017
- Public Investors Arbitration Law Association Amicus Committee, 2016 - Present
- Estate Planning and Probate Section of the Atlanta Bar Association, Board Member, 2022-2023